Today's blog is called Travel Therapy for a reason! I am going to give you some great Vision Therapy exercises to do on the road (or airplane)! Your children with have no idea they are doing therapy!
Travel Bag Goodies:
- Hidden Pictures: This improves your child’s Figure Ground skills.
- If you remember from this blog: Put a small sticker on the window nearest your child, and instruct him/her to look at the sticker for a few seconds, then to look outside at the farthest thing their eyes can find, and then back at the sticker again. Have your child do this at least 10 times every time they get in the car.
- Word Searches: Improves Visual Closure and Figure Ground skills.
1. Search Google - Printable Word Searches
- Color by number- Works on Visual Motor skills, , improves their number recognition skills as they identify and match each number with its corresponding color using a number.
- Dot-to-Dot: Improves Visual Closure Skills and Visual Motor skills.
1. Search Google - Printable Dot-to-Dot
6. Play "I Spy" with your children - Improves Figure Ground skills.
7. Mazes: Improves Pursuits, Figure Ground, Spatial Relations skills.
1. Search Google- Printable Mazes